This page is just starting. Please add more!
Social Science Think Thanks / Research Bodies Edit
- Complex Systems (Statistics, Simulations, Chaos Theory, etc)
- Sante Fe Institute, http://www.santafe.edu/
- University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, Center for the Study of Complex Systems, http://www.cscs.umich.edu/
- National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS), http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/fmt/doc?/frames.html
- Center for Connected Learning and Computer Based Modeling, Northwestern University. http://ccl.northwestern.edu/.
- Center for Social Complexity, George Mason University http://socialcomplexity.gmu.edu/
- Modeling & Optimization
- See Optimization
Simulation Consultancies Edit
In the private/semi-private sector, there are a few Simulation / Agent-Based Modeling consultancies:
- RedFish, http://www.redfish.com/
- Sante Fe NM
- Run By Stephen Guerin
- Evolving Logic, http://www.evolvinglogic.com/
- See especially Steven Bankes's publications.
- Soar Technologies, http://www.soartech.com
- Ann Arbor, Mi. Spin-off from Michigan's AI group.
- Project Albert, http://www.projectalbert.org/
- Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory at Quantico
- Originally military-only, but spreading out and looking for other gigs
- New Vectors http://www.newvectors.net/
- Strong Military & Business focus. Some very interesting work on Exploring Vast outcome space with poly-agents (ghost-avatars) & digital pheromones
- Van Parunak, Chief Scientist